Oracle RAC Deployment
- A professional design and implementation provides a solid and competent platform from which you can deploy highly available, highly scalable centrally management Oracle based applications
- Lower the risk of adopting these new technologies and the management and operating practices surrounding them in a potentially expensive and highly complex domain
- Leverage the skills available from our proven consultants to mentor your own technical resources swiftly
- Capitalise on and leverage the benefits of adopting next generation technology today
Oracle 10g Real Application Clusters (Oracle RAC), is a powerful feature of Oracle Database 10g that leverages system architectures such as clustered symmetric multi- processors (SMP) and blade servers. When implemented correctly, these system architectures and Oracle RAC can deliver enhanced application scalability and availability and offer the potential to reduce costs based on the rationalisation of your Oracle management domain.
In the real world these clustering technologies are not without complexity and require careful consideration from database and system administrators.
This engagement has been developed to help effectively deploy Oracle RAC onto your clustered platforms in a defined time period. Additionally this engagement highlights the changes that the deployment of RAC will make to your existing Oracle processes and practices to ensure that your applications and technology organisation can capitalise on the benefits of RAC and 10g features such as ASM, RMAN, Data guard and Grid Control.
Reduce Your Risk
Our engagement is designed work effectively alongside your application developers, systems and database administrators to deploy an available and scalable applications platform that leverages Oracle RAC and related technologies whilst identifying and eliminating potential pitfalls and issues.
The scope of the engagement caters for:
- Providing a reference design of Oracle RAC for your technology infrastructure accommodating key technology decisions required to maintain a certified RAC implementation
- Providing skills transfer and mentoring for systems and database administrators on how-to install, administer, monitor, manage and maintain Oracle RAC
- Identify opportunities within your use of Oracle where 10g or RAC specific capabilities are not being effectively utilised.
In addition to industry proven consultants, the adoption of RAC enables you to capitalise on the strength and maturity of the Oracle product set including:
- Platform specific pre-requisites
- RAC Implementation plan and task list Early visibility of RAC management and operations requirements
- Application specific reviews to ensure the best possible value can be derived from your investment in 10g RAC
- Validation of the configuration through our TPC-C benchmark toolset: Orastress!
Architecture limitations mean that the Oracle RAC SE engagement is available for Hewlett Packard, IBM, Linux, Sun and Microsoft platforms using Oracle 10g RAC SE with Oracle Portable Cluster Ware and Automatic Storage Manager.
The Linxcel Advantage
This engagement helps you deploy RAC SE in your IT organisation swiftly, successfully and at low risk allowing your organisation to capitalise on the benefits that a GRID computing enabled technology infrastructure will bring. As Oracle partners and authors of "High Performance Oracle", published by Wiley our Oracle specialists are industry proven professionals with a track record in delivery.